Work! However faraway, however long it takes, however you get there; it does not have to be a ‘rush hour’ anymore.
It is the relax hour and not the rush hour!
Follow these useful tips; to make the morning rush hour as relaxing as possible:
– Enjoying the morning is made easier by preparing the night before. Make your packed lunch or any food you will need whilst out at work. Choose your clothes and lay them out; so you are sure you have everything, even two socks!
– Choose a light easy breakfast that is easy to prepare and quick to eat. My personal favourites are scrambled eggs or a toasted ham and cheese sandwich.
– Allow extra time for delays and leave the house early. Is it bin day and the bin lorry is blocking the main road? Will the local farmer be herding his cattle across your usual short cut? Will you have to wait at a train crossing?
– In winter, allow time for your car to warm up and deice the windows. Maybe put a cover or blanket over them the night before?
– However, if you are running late; do not worry, it is better to be late than never!
– Many people drive to work; yet just walking or using the bus or train, do not feel the need to rush. No job in the world is worth the risk of an accident.
– If you have the play music or listen to the news; try to choose a more relaxing channel. Studies show that listening to music with a beat faster than your heart rate will cause you to speed up!
– If you do arrive for work early, then use the spare time to relax in to your works pace. Make a drink, speak to your colleagues, or just ease yourself into that first assignment.
“Remember to breathe. It is after all, the secret of life.” — Gregory Maguire. This is the first post on my new blog. It is also the most basic, easiest and quickest way to relax. If you read only one of my blogs, if you remember only one thing, only one word; then let “breathe”… Read more
A long term review of the Northwave Origin mountain bike shoe The need for a mountain bike shoe If you are new to cross country mountain biking; you will have come to realise that you need the stiff sole of a road cycling shoe but the ability to walk maybe long distances over unrideable terrain.… Read more
The concept of ‘forest bathing’ or ‘shinrin-yoku‘; is literally walking into a forest, to open and submerse all your senses in nature. Forest bathing or ‘Shinrin-yoku’ A great way to relax, is to simply go for a walk in the woods. This has been given the term: ‘forest bathing’; because you are literally submerged in… Read more