Here are my personal thoughts and opinions on taking the heat and finding routes to relax in the kitchen:
– First and foremost; keep it clean! A clean kitchen means cooking times do not need to be stressful. Trying to find a clean knife or chopping board when you are trying to cook a quick meal is stress you can avoid.
– Try to organise your counter tops so your space for preparing food is large enough and safe. You do not want to be knocking food on to the floor and breaking plates.
– Keep heavy jars and bottles as low as possible; you do not want to be dropping them on you or breaking glass.
– Keep children out of the kitchen every time you use boiling water or an open grill or frying pan. Tell them they can talk to you from the doorway. Maybe buy them a chair and place it a safe distance so they feel included whilst you are ‘stuck’ in the kitchen. Every time you leave the kitchen; make sure they come with you.
– When use any knife to cut or chop; make sure the blade is always pointing away from you. If it slips; it will not head towards your fingers, hand or stomach!
– Do not let the draining board drain you! Wash up at least twice a day or keep that dishwasher full; a tidy kitchen is a relaxed kitchen!
Watch this space for more ideas and opinions to relax in the kitchen…
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in our house and life. We spend a lot of time here; so let us relax.
Cooking and keeping the kitchen clean and organised does not need to be a source of stress.
“Remember to breathe. It is after all, the secret of life.” — Gregory Maguire. This is the first post on my new blog. It is also the most basic, easiest and quickest way to relax. If you read only one of my blogs, if you remember only one thing, only one word; then let “breathe”… Read more
A long term review of the Northwave Origin mountain bike shoe The need for a mountain bike shoe If you are new to cross country mountain biking; you will have come to realise that you need the stiff sole of a road cycling shoe but the ability to walk maybe long distances over unrideable terrain.… Read more
The concept of ‘forest bathing’ or ‘shinrin-yoku‘; is literally walking into a forest, to open and submerse all your senses in nature. Forest bathing or ‘Shinrin-yoku’ A great way to relax, is to simply go for a walk in the woods. This has been given the term: ‘forest bathing’; because you are literally submerged in… Read more