I will identify various tips and tricks for a more relaxing walk as well as going into greater detail in blogs and routes.
Yet I have many ideas, in which I will explain in no certain order below:
Tips and trick for a more relaxing walk:
– Before you step outside; take a second to consider your route. In the animal kingdom; a wolf pack will walk at the speed of its slowest and oldest. With the strong leader staying at the rear to make sure no one is falling behind.
– You might know the route well but does everyone in your walking party know the route as well? When people have an idea of the length and duration of the walk; they can relax in their mind and enjoy the route more.
You have taken the right step by choosing to step out for a walk. By preparing and planning we can make our walks; rewarding, revitalizing as well as relaxing.
– Walking with children or the elderly? Make sure they are suitably dressed for the conditions. With children always bring enough clothes and sunscreen as well. If they are getting too hot and tearing off clothes; then make sure you have room in your rucksack to carry them.
– In unfamiliar territory it is important to check the weather as well. Sun at breakfast means you might be in the eye of a storm and the rest of day could be a dangerous storm.
– Be realistic about your walking pace. You might march faster than a Roman centurion on your own; yet if you are talking with a partner, your speed will drop, walking with a child your speed will drop, hunger and thirst will cause your speed to drop, the longer you walk the more your speed will drop, take all these considerations and more into planning your route.
– Make a note of the time the sunsets on the date that you will be walking. Even with a decent torch; walking in the dark is a little less relaxing and possibly dangerous.
Watch this space for more tips and tricks for a more relaxing walk…
“Remember to breathe. It is after all, the secret of life.” — Gregory Maguire. This is the first post on my new blog. It is also the most basic, easiest and quickest way to relax. If you read only one of my blogs, if you remember only one thing, only one word; then let “breathe”… Read more
A long term review of the Northwave Origin mountain bike shoe The need for a mountain bike shoe If you are new to cross country mountain biking; you will have come to realise that you need the stiff sole of a road cycling shoe but the ability to walk maybe long distances over unrideable terrain.… Read more
The concept of ‘forest bathing’ or ‘shinrin-yoku‘; is literally walking into a forest, to open and submerse all your senses in nature. Forest bathing or ‘Shinrin-yoku’ A great way to relax, is to simply go for a walk in the woods. This has been given the term: ‘forest bathing’; because you are literally submerged in… Read more